it’s the little things that remind me.
doing my laundry, for example. when we were in school he stayed over, a lot. he always helped when it came to the sheets. he would help make the bed. we would usually mess it up soon after. i remember tossing the sheets onto the mattress, him helping me move the heavy frame to tuck everything in snugly against the wall.
i realize that anyone can help me make the bed…but he was the last person that did. frankly it is much easier to find someone to help mess it up. promptly at 11:45pm my calendar was kind enough to remind me his birthday is in 15 minutes. now…2.
we haven’t spoken since march nor do i really want to but i am wondering if i should wish him a happy birthday.
Subject: my hurricane irene experience
Date: Monday, August 29, 2011 1:27:08 PM
This morning there was water everywhere, then I realized I was in the shower so I cleaned up then came to work.
V.P. Presentation Studio Manager
a truly phenomenal lyricist and very genuine person…annie clark…the artist known as st. vincent…performed a short but superb show tonight at the met. relocated from the cantor rooftop garden due to rain to the temple of dendur the lighting wasn’t ideal for photos but i got some quality shots nonetheless and was overjoyed to be surrounded by two early loves of mine…music and egyptology. the setting was perfect and she sounded amazing. having not been exposed to much of the new album…hearing it live as my first listening experience was truly special. i write this walking home…all smiles…few things make me happier than a night filled with music and good beer (open bar?)…but throw in a free copy of spin and put it all in a museum…i’m in heaven
Todays graphic is the new Banksy piece in London. We find it quite unusual for 3 reasons…
(1) The new Banksy piece is referencing serial ‘tagger’ Tox, so it’s sort of a second generation reference to another graffiti writer.
(2) They added a CCTV to watch over the new Banksy piece.
(3) The piece was entirely plexi-glassed for preservation.
We’re still waiting for the practical joke to be told. Knowing Banksy, there is one giant statement in all this. Time will tell, we suspect!
meta. love all things meta.
sometimes i wish we were still dating so i would have someone to always go to concerts with…especially the weird ones…the free ones…or the ones on the top of a museum
…but that’s pretty much the only reason why…
tweeted this a long time ago but stumbled upon it again. gets me every time…
5 Options to Replace ‘Hipster’ GAWKER NARROWS YOUR CHOICES IN SEARCH FOR NEW TERM
By Will McCahill, Newser Staff
Posted Mar 22, 2010 8:11 PM CDT
(NEWSER) – The search for a term to replace “hipster” in lexicons official and otherwise has come down to a final five, at least per Gawker, which has been behind the effort. Vote here for one of these options:
- Doucheoisie Won 25% of the vote in early round, and, Hamilton Nolan notes, “sounds pretty.”
- Fauxhemians It’s fun to say, but “is it mean enough?”
- Pabstsmears Yes, a good play on hipsters’ fave brew, but “takes extraordinarily exact pronunciation to distinguish it from a more all-purpose slur.”
- Probos (professional hobos). “Pithy; easy to say; might actually catch on,” as plus factors. “Minus: What percentage of hipsters are professionals?”
- Trendsluts “Deliciously zingy,” Nolan notes, but “might offend sluts.”